Let's take that crown quote a step further



"Be the woman who fixes another woman's crown without telling the world that it was crooked."

I have liked this quote on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, you name it. And I truly do like it. But while it doesn't exclude what I'm about to say, I think it's important to take it a step further.

I've always been a competitive person. Lately, through a lot of self reflection, I've realized I need to ease back a bit and support more. Not that I didn't before, but I know I can be better.

I've also realized I don't want to lose all my competitive drive. I love that too. It's okay to say that you want to win or you want a promotion or you can do better in health and wellness or in your role as a spouse or a mother or a daughter or anything.

Recently, I've posted a few more photos regarding working out. I really enjoy working out, but it's not something I've talked about much on social media. I've noticed that these posts are getting a lot of responses. Some people just want to tell me to keep going. The encouragement is awesome! Others have questions about when I workout and how I eat. I've realized there are probably a few people who thought, 'I should work out more' or 'why don't I prioritize fitness?'

For those of you who did have those thoughts, do it! I want you to be your best self, and I want you to go beyond the image you now have for your best self. I also invite you to feel competitive toward me...or that blogger you follow...or your best friend. Because you can both support a person AND feel a competitive drive around them.

You don't want to overdo it and become obsessed with trying to beat them, it's more about you than them. And, keeping up with the Joneses is exhausting and just not a pleasant way to live.

But here’s how I see it, I want to be better and may use others as motivation to raise my bar, but I never want them to lower theirs. Because if we're all trying to elevate ourselves, then the creativity, productivity and possibilities are endless.

So yeah, I agree, fix that other woman's crown without telling the world that it was crooked. But it's also okay to want your own crown too.



Popular Posts