"I think I should start a blog"

"Hey Andy, I think I should start a blog."

We were planning our wedding. Side note: I've had very dear friends who had binders full of wedding ideas before the rings were even on their fingers. And I think they're amazing people. This is my Midwesterner way of passively prefacing what I'm about to say to show I do not judge others not like me. With that out of the way -- I HATED wedding planning. Seriously. When people bring up wedding planning, I watch my husband take a deep, audible breath as every forehead wrinkle begins to protrude before he calmly says, "that was a rough time for us."

I can't remember which wrinkle-inducing moment it was. But we were "discussing" something about the wedding when I told Andy, I'm not alone, and I think most people feel like this is more stressful than fun, Andy said, if that's the case, then maybe you should start a blog. So I did. I titled it and everything. Then I decided I should probably search for bridesmaids dresses. By the way, the wedding went on without a hitch! It was beautiful. It was fun. And I got to spend the day celebrating with my favorite person. Much ado about nothing.



Now, fast forward three years ago. A couple weeks ago, I said, "Hey Andy, I think I should start a blog." Once again, I was stressed. Not in the same way as I was when I was wedding planning. I just needed an outlet. I love to write. I find it cathartic. I used to write more and in a different way in my last job and part of me misses that.

And maaaybe, I had just been looking at Instagram for a couple hours, fully convinced that I could make money doing this like all the fashion bloggers I see. (I'm not capable of being a fashion blogger). But c'mon, doesn't that sound awesome? You take pictures of yourself in beautiful clothes, then people send you more beautiful clothes, and then the checks come in. This is how it works in my brain, no need to burst this bubble for me.

So this is why I decided to start a blog. Will I be able to keep it up? I have no idea. Do I think it will be good for me to just write, I do. So I guess I should probably make it happen. I plan to talk about wife things, working-mom things, and just being-a-woman things.

By the way, am I alone with the wedding-planning hatred? (Midwestern me needs to once again note, my wedding and marriage are awesome!)






Popular Posts