Pregnancy number two is DIFFERENT

You are talking to me. I think I am responding. We are holding a conversation about the weather or your family or your upcoming vacation. I don't know. I can only focus on my breastfeeding organs. They hurt. They hurt a lot. They feel huge. Like when you used to have water balloon fights, and you'd accidentally fill one with too much water, and it would bounce and stretch and it appeared like it could explode at any second. That's what's happening with my chest.

I know this is not visible to other people, but this consumes way too many of my thoughts. Well, when I'm not thinking about how tired I am, whether this nausea is going to get worse, how my back is already hurting or wondering if people notice my bulging belly. I'm six weeks pregnant. How in the world can it already be bulging? 

I got really into pregnancy number one. Like many of you I took monthly pictures to watch my body change and grow. I thought it was beautiful and special. And it is. But this time that special beauty seems to be on the fast track. Slow down, Nelly. We've got 34 more weeks. There's plenty of time to look pregnant. My first month picture looks like my 3rd or 4th month picture with baby number one.

I'm convinced I'm having twins.

I've heard the stories, I've read the articles, heck I've watched friends plump out a bit faster with their subsequent pregnancies, but this is insane.

I'm the girl who gets bloated and then shows my belly to my husband asking if it looks as huge as I think. Typically I do this and he shakes his head or leaves the room. These days he starts laughing and tells me to stop purposely pushing out my stomach. I'm NOT! Six weeks pregnant, people. Some people (people who are not as obsessively crazy as I am) don't even realize they're pregnant at this point.

To my friends, family and coworkers, I wish you luck. Because if I'm going to be really honest, I also have seemed to think my life needs a major, drastic change lately. Perhaps...and again...I'm only saying perhaps...that could be because my hormones are also all amok. I like to believe I'm in control of my emotions more than this so I may not concede to this one quite yet but just be ready if you're going to be around me.

Brace yourself folks, it's gonna be a long 3/4 of a year.




Popular Posts